Welcome!

On this website, you can find my travel log of our experimental trekking in the Inner Dolpo and Dhaulagiri region in Nepal. In fall 2009, we discovered this area with a small group of fellow travellers, guided by Himalaya Trekking. We wanted to cross the rarely visited Mu La and to traverse towards the Hidden Valley. Read here if this all worked out!

Part 7 - Mu La day

I wake up as a zombie. Last night I had to get out 9 times to let out all kinds of body fluids. Today is THE day. We have to climb the Mu La. The first hours are awful. With no calories in my body, the climb is a nightmare. I want to move but my body is not responding. Every ten steps I must wait for a few seconds. The weather is not so good. After a sunny start, at about 5200m it is pretty cold and windy.
When we rest at 5400m, I have had it. I feel to tired. But heh, staying here is not an option. Then Rick points to a few tiny white flags a couple of hundred meters above us.

We hear porters screaming and cheering. Aha! When I see the destination, I am determined to crawl to the top. After a few TUC cookies, I have only one thing in mind: as soon as possible to the top. After the pass, we will decend and that is a fantastic foresight.
But it is easier said than done. The last 300m up are very steep and it is a zig'n zag path to the top. A never ending story.
Finally we reach the top! At 5700m, we have a breathtaking view on the surrounding hilltops. In the meantime, I'm starting to feel better. I think the awful bacteria and amoebes have left my body.

It is still 7km to campsite. We gradually descend and it is getting colder and colder. It was a long, long day. This was really the hard way. ZZZZzzzzzz.

Geen opmerkingen: